- We are seeking an ambitious and dynamic MRI lead radiographer to lead a new private patient MRI team on Welbeck Street in Central London.
- This is a rare opportunity to work with a group of leading radiologists and industry experts from the early (pre-launch) stages of a completely new unit.
- You will be joining us as we embark on an exciting journey and there will be huge personal and professional development opportunities at OneWelbeck Imaging and elsewhere in the growing Welbeck Health network.
- OneWelbeck is developing a number of other centres on other floors of 1 Welbeck Street, which will be linked but operate independently of OneWelbeck Imaging. Further centres are also under development or planned around the UK and internationally
- As MRI Lead, you will lead and develop the new service at OneWelbeck to ensure that all operational objectives and standards are achieved, and excellent customer treatment and service is delivered at all times. You will be confident when managing people and comfortable in delivering operational innovation, with the drive and determination to ensure that excellence is achieved at all times while maintaining positive relationships.
- We are looking for a flexible individual who has significant MRI experience who is confident to independently trouble-shoot and adopt innovation, whilst creating and fostering a team to deliver clinical excellence.
- This is an exciting opportunity to join an enthusiastic team who are launching their brand-new bespoke imaging service in London.
- Post launch, reporting to the Imaging Centre Director, you will take responsibility for leading and facilitating all aspects of the MRI services:
- Lead and develop our clinical excellence: work alongside the Imaging Centre Director and independently to develop initiatives to deliver UK leading MRI services, striving for continued excellence in image quality and patient experience. Lead and develop the new MRI service at the OneWelbeck, including clinical and non-clinical team in all aspects of the MRI process
- Training & development: actively seek opportunities to continually develop own knowledge and lead training for other Centre MRI staff.
- Drive innovation: you will be confident to lead MRI staff to trial and adopt new innovations to improve outcomes, patient experience or efficiency – including within research studies and using research WIPs.
- Quality assurance & performance improvement: ensuring the Centre’s MRI activities and records adhere to regulatory requirements; evaluate performance and develop action plans for improvement. Facilitating communication and problem solving to establish effective working relationships between clinicians and centre staff. Develop a culture of continuous improvement that focusses on quality and patient
- Regulatory, governance & safety: ensure appropriate processes are in place to meet the requirements of any accreditation bodies. Assist in developing, interpreting, supporting and implementing policies and
- Use cutting edge equipment: you will have the opportunity to work on two new, premium GE MRI scanners (1.5T and 3T) ensuring the most effective service can be delivered.
- Expected working hours will be 40 hours per week, distributed over 6 days a week
- Follow all health and care professions council (HCPC) standards of proficiency
- Provide effective performance management for all MRI staff
- Create the right environment for all diagnostic and radiotherapy staff to work effectively together as a team
- Ensure that the MRI section of the unit has the staff and resources it needs to operate effectively and safely
- Ensure that all staff follow clinical protocols, policies and procedures at all times and operate in full compliance.
- Liaise with IT, physics and scanner manufacturers to optimise image sequences and service delivery
Education and Qualifications
- BSc (Hons) Radiography (essential)
- DCR (R) or accepted international equivalent (essential)
- HCPC registration (essential)
- Post graduate qualification in MRI (desirable)
- ILS or ALS qualification (or be willing to undertake accreditation)
- Specialist experience in general MRI techniques and to have coordinated the service in a senior capacity (essential)
- Confident to independently lead cardiac MRI service (essential)
- Previous experience in MRI Lead or Superintendent position (desirable)
- Cannulation experience
Salary & benefits
- Competitive salary (experience dependent)
- Attractive performance-linked incentives
- Private healthcare
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday
Apply for job
[contact-form-7 id="227" title="Apply for Job"]