- We are seeking an ambitious, dynamic Imaging Centre Director to lead a unique, new private patient imaging unit that is being developed on Welbeck Street, in Central London.
- This is a rare opportunity to be involved from the early (pre-launch) stages of a completely new unit.
- Welbeck Imaging was founded by a group of leading doctors whose objective is to develop a state-of-the-art imaging centre at the heart of the Harley Street medical area.
- The centre will open mid 2019 providing world class diagnostic imaging
- We believe we will transform how imaging is delivered in the UK, our approach is differentiated in 3 major ways:
- Physician partnership: we believe Physician partnership is key to delivering a top-quality service. Our physicians are fully engaged with the management of the unit and make significant investments to make sure we deliver the very best care.
- Patient centric model: our model and processes are designed around our patients, in close collaboration with doctors from other specialist day centres within the building. Tailored patient propositions allow increased efficiency and a superior patient experience.
- Network benefits: we have ambitious plans to grow an international network of centres. As we grow, we aim to leverage benefits of scale to maximise our effectiveness e.g. centralised purchasing, central IT support, etc.
- The physician group is partnering with Ambulatory Surgery International (ASI), providing access to the support of AMSURG Corp, the largest provider of day surgery centres in the US. This enables us to:
- Translate an operating model thoroughly tested and proven over with past 30 years.
- Benefit from the experience and learnings from running 270+ standalone day centres.
- Access the assets and expertise of the largest provider of day centres in the US.
- ASI is developing a number of other day centres on other floors of 1 Welbeck Street, which will operate independently of Welbeck Imaging. Further centres are also under development or planned around the UK and internationally.
- We are looking for an outstanding Centre Director to manage our flagship imaging centre at 1 Welbeck Street.
- This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced healthcare manager to work with a group of outstanding radiologists and experts to design, build, and operate a brand-new centre.
- Post-launch, reporting to the Board of Welbeck Imaging, you will take responsibility for leading and managing all aspects of the Imaging centre:
- Operations: ensuring that all administrative and clinical staff are effectively organised and managed to provide an efficient infrastructure that enables delivery of top-quality care. Management of SLAs with external providers and other Centres.
- Quality assurance & performance improvement: ensuring the Centre’s activities and records adhere to regulatory requirements; evaluating performance and developing action plans for improvement. Facilitating communication and problem solving to establish effective working relationships between clinicians and centre staff. Develop a culture of continuous improvement that focusses on quality and patient satisfaction.
- Financial performance: take responsibility for planning, monitoring and assessing performance against the budget
- People management: selecting, orientating, supervising and evaluating the performance of all staff. Maintaining standards of performance and assisting in the development and completion of personal development plans for all staff members.
- Training & development: actively seeking opportunities to continually develop own knowledge and that of the unit staff.
- Regulatory, governance & safety: ensure appropriate processes and outcome management are in place to meet the requirements of all accreditation bodies, including but not limited to CQC. Assist in developing, interpreting, supporting and implementing policies and procedures. You will be the CQC Registered Manager of the unit.
- In addition, you will participate in:
- Driving innovation: providing support to the staff and the physician group to trial and adopt new innovations to improve outcomes, patient experience or efficiency.
- Business development: you will also support commercial activities to drive the success of the business, e.g. arranging marketing events, conducting referrer analysis and outreach.
- You will be joining us as we embark on an exciting journey and there will be huge personal and professional development opportunities at 1 Welbeck Street and elsewhere in the growing ASI network.
- Relevant imaging qualifications and extensive knowledge of plain film, MRI and CT imaging
- Recognised management training/qualification is desirable
- Experience of Central London private healthcare market desirable
- Experience of Radiation Protection Supervisor role desirable
- Experience of CQC Registered Manager role desirable
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate excellence in:
- Leadership & people management skills within a multi-disciplinary team
- Adaptability and agility
- Communications skills – presenting, influencing, persuading and negotiating
- Collaboration – building partnerships and strategic working relationships
- Integrity and resilience
- Problem solving skills
- Planning, organisation and delegation skills
Salary & benefits
- Competitive salary (experience dependent) & employee benefits
- Attractive performance-linked incentives
For further information or to arrange an informal visit, please contact:
- Edward Harrison – firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 30th November
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Apply for job
[contact-form-7 id="227" title="Apply for Job"]