Opportunity for Endoscopy trained nurses / ODPs to join a transformational new private GI unit in Central London
An exciting opportunity has arisen for dynamic, motivated and skilled individuals to join our team at The Welbeck GI Centre in central London. We are currently recruiting for registered Endoscopy nurses/ODP’s dedicated to delivering the highest standards of care in our newly developed state-of-the-art Endoscopy Centre due to open early spring 2019.
Welbeck GI Centre
We believe we will transform how GI care is delivered in the UK, our approach is differentiated in 3 major ways:
- Physician partnership: We believe Physician partnership is key to delivering a top-quality service. Our physicians are experts and leaders in their field, and are fully engaged with the management of the unit, making significant investments to ensure we deliver the very best care.
- Specialised operating model: Our operating model is designed to meet the needs of GI patients only, by focusing our activities we will achieve: better patient experience; superior quality outcomes; higher efficiency.
- Network benefits: Working with Ambulatory Surgery International (ASI), our corporate partner, we have ambitious plans to grow an international network of centres. As we grow, we will leverage the benefits of scale to maximise our effectiveness and operational efficiency, e.g. centralised purchasing, central IT support, etc.
You will work as part of the Endoscopy team to provide effective, evidence-based care, taking responsibility for the assessment, planning implementation and delivery of high-quality programmes of patient care and being responsible for running procedure lists. Reporting to the Centre Director, you will be responsible for:
- Delivering top class care to our patients
- Commitment and focus on individualised patient care, focussing on quality, safety and innovation
- Providing skilled and considerate nursing care to patients in the endoscopy department considering their specific needs during procedures utilising the appropriate Integrated Care Pathway (ICP)
- Preparing the endoscopy room and equipment and provides specialist assistance to the endoscopist throughout the procedure as required
- Promoting the incorporation of discharge planning and health education into patient care, ensuring safe discharge of endoscopy patients
- Fully document all aspects of patient care and maintain accurate records and documentation
- Ensure all patient charges are captured accurately
- Maintain a safe environment for patients and staff
- Undertake extended roles such as IV cannulation
- Attend and participate in team briefing for patient list
- Driving continuous improvement of the performance and quality of care of the centre
- Support the Centre Director in facilitating communication and problem solving, establishing effective working relationships between clinicians and centre staff to develop a culture of continuous improvement that focusses on clinical outcomes and patient satisfaction
- Contribute to research-based care and other practice development initiatives
- Support the team in working in the most efficient and clinically effective way whilst seeking new ways to improve service delivery and adopting innovations
- Actively participate in mentoring and developing junior members of the team
Who we are looking for
We are seeking outstanding qualified Registered Nurses or Registered Operating Department Practitioners with current NMC/HCPC registration. You will also hold Basic or advanced Competence/Qualifications in Endoscopy Care and Decontamination to work 37.5 hours per week across 5 days (Monday to Friday), with flexibility to accommodate service demand. We will consider part time / job sharing arrangement where possible.
Previous experience within the JAG accreditation process and a teaching/training qualification is also desirable but not essential.
- We are committed to our employee’s well-being through training, support, reward and career development.
- We offer our employees a market competitive salary and benefits package, including 25 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays (pro-rata for part time).
- We offer a supportive and respectful environment providing you with the opportunity to develop your skills in a progressive and expanding organisation.
For further information or to arrange an informal visit, please contact:
Closing date: 30th November
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Apply for job
[contact-form-7 id="227" title="Apply for Job"]